Sunday, June 2, 2013

Spring Travels

Posted by Brit

What a month!  I feel like I haven't been home most of May, but I've had the opportunity to spend time with lots of cool people this month.  Over Mother's Day weekend my mom and I took a trip to Colorado Springs to see our Aunt Pat and stay with her for a long weekend.  On Friday we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and on Saturday we went to the Denver Botanical Gardens where we got to meet up with Brandon's sis, Andrea!  I had a great time visiting my aunt; we ate really great food and had good conversation.

Mom and Aunt Pat



My new favorite animal, the Okapi, from Africa.  It's closest relative is the giraffe; you can see they have similar shaped heads.



The masked bear


The wallabys get to roam free, except they mostly just lounge in the sun.


View from the Zoo - You can see for miles

Daffodils in bloom at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

The zoo has a very open outdoor area for elephants, but also has a large indoor care facility to bathe and take care of sick elephants.

Tulips at the Denver Botanical Gardens

Andrea and I

An atrium I wouldn't mind having...

Mom and I

Aunt Pat and her friend, Jen






For Memorial Day weekend I was off to Phoenix.  Andrea lives in Denver now, but used to live down there.  We stayed at her friends Kel and Drew's place.  It was definitely a go-go-go weekend, but I had such a good time with Andrea and all of her friends that I got to meet.  We went down to Tuscon for brunch on Saturday, and except for some brief problems with my sinuses due to the dry Arizona air, it was another great day.  On Sunday we had a party at Kel and Drew's; we cooked up food, played yard games, and hung out all night.

Mimosas in Tuscon


Kel and Drew's backyard, Tiki Bar included!

(Stolen from Andrea) Jen, myself and Andrea


My friend, Anna, and I went to visit the Keeper of the Plains in Wichita during her last week in the states.  Despite being a Wichita native, I've never been down to the actual statue.  It was a gorgeous night and several people gathered to watch the lighting of the flames surrounding the statue.








Now I'm back home.  Brandon and I made a last minute quick trip to Lawrence on Friday and came back yesterday.  He had a tournament, and I got to hang with my grandma and Tia.  My grandma and I went to my grandfather's grave site.  This was the first time I got to see his recently finished headstone.  I got teary-eyed as we stood there, but soon smiled with memories of such a great man.  Couldn't ask for more.

Disc golf gallery

Brandon nails a putt

Tia obsesses with Instagram


Drinks at Gaslight Gardens!

0 comments: