Sunday, September 15, 2013

Farewell Summer...

Posted by Brit

So I only wrote once this summer... I am not always so good at this.

Summer has been great... I kicked off summer with two great trips to Colorado and Arizona and ended it with a trip to Florida where I met up with my dear friend Ashley.  Here are a few pics from that Labor Day Weekend trip, and then more pics from this summer will follow.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Washington Redskins pre season game.  8th Row up.
Daiquiri Deck
Beach Time. aka #hotdoglegs


Rain moved out and we moved in.



_________________




I drank a lot of these, gin and tonics.

Spent time with some Ezell crazies in Lawrence.

Drank gift beer from Oregon's Rogue Brewery

Spent more time at the Clements Stone Arch Bridge

View from atop the bridge.

One of my favorite bands, The Harmed Brothers, rolled through town. (Check them out by clicking the link!)

Somebody backed into my bumper at work.  My dad fixed it with a hammer and a 2 x 4.

I spent a lot of time with this guy.  He rolled hard all summer long.


Spent more time with this nut.

She made me take this pic.  Outside of Gaslight Gardens in Lawrence.

OMG.  Adorable.

This is one of six new friends I've gained by having awesome neighbors with free range chickens.

Our sunsets beat all sunsets.

Found this on the way to Hutchinson's Third Thursday event.

Super Class Showdown got super classy.

Made some crafty crafts.
I am in the beginning stages of putting together my new guest bedroom.



Also, here are a few good memories I recently came across from last summer.
Lauren, myself, Tia and Ezra watching Carrie Nation and the Speakeasy perform at McPherson's summer music series in the park.  Someone for the McPherson paper graciously sent me this photo when I requested it after seeing that the photo was used on the music series' promotional pictures for this year!

Watching the wiffle ball competition at the 2012 Farmageddon Festival

On our way home from Farmageddon Fest.


Winfield is coming up this week!! I can't wait.  And Tia and Landon are coming down!!

More soon...

0 comments: