Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeling at Home

Posted by Brit

I'm starting to feel more and more at home here. For the first several months, despite their efforts to make me feel otherwise, I just felt like I was a guest in Brandon and Nathan's house. I'm starting to think up little ways to add a little of myself to the place, and my things are gradually being moved from storage to this place now that we know we'll be staying here for at least another year.

Tia and I had a kitchen shelf last year for cookbooks and a plant and a sort of mail holder that I wasn't very great at using. I wanted to have a place for a plant and get rid of a chunky, unappealing shelf that was already in place and full of food. The shelf I built last year fits perfectly; it is a little slimmer, has more shelves, and is much prettier. This one wont have cookbooks, though I may find a wire basket for mail, and it also holds a lot of our dry goods.

Have a happy week, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute shelf, Brittany! You made me want to go build things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I'm by no means an expert, but it feels good to get projects like this accomplished!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you're feeling more at home!! Once you're done decorating - Brandon won't know what hit him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's already starting to wonder what hit him :)

      Delete